How to fix problems with Wi-Fi and LTE on the iPhone XS
Not so long ago, we talked about the problems associated with poor reception of a cellular signal or Wi-Fi when working with the latest models of Apple. Despite the fact that the iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max use an advanced modem with support for 4 × 4 MIMO technology, many owners of new products instead of the promised increase in download speed have not received anything at all – on the contrary, the signal is unstable and the quality of the connection is deteriorating. What steps can be taken to solve this problem? Let’s understand.
Despite the mass character of complaints, it was not so simple to reveal a certain pattern at which a malfunction occurs. Some users experience low data rates in LTE mode, others cannot connect to Wi-Fi networks operating in the 5 GHz band. In some cases, it helps reset network settings, and sometimes – and the operator change. This fact may indicate that the problem is related to the software, and not to hardware problems, as previously thought.
Also Check: Second beta iOS 12 and Apple Watch Series 4
In order to find out the exact cause of the problem, one of the owners of the “problem” iPhone XS turned to technical support for Apple. According to the specialist of the hotline, the next update of the operating system should correct the incorrect operation of the wireless communication modules, and as a temporary solution, the following method can help:
- Connect the device to the computer.
- Run iTunes and go to the Software Update tab.
- Pre-save all the necessary data and turn off the ” Find My iPhone ” function.
- Reinstall the operating system using the “Restore” option. It should be understood that all data from the device will be deleted.
- After the recovery process has successfully completed, you must configure the device as “new”. A prerequisite is not to restore the saved data from a backup copy of iCloud or iTunes.
Of course, this method is not suitable for everyone. Nevertheless, users who restored their smartphone “like new” already noticed a significant improvement in the situation.