A secure launch of the brand new cell OS from Google Android 7.Zero Nougat. The replace can already be put in on present Nexus smartphones, in addition to another gadgets from Google or from Android One: Nexus 6P, Nexus 5X, Nexus 6, Nexus 9 and others. The way to replace your system to a brand new model of Android proper now – learn our article.
Initially, let’s recall the total record of gadgets that already obtain an replace to Android 7.0:
- Nexus 6P
- Nexus 5X
- Nexus 6
- Nexus 9
- Nexus Participant
- Google Pixel C
- Basic Cell 4G
The simplest method to replace to Android 7.Zero Nougat
The simplest and faster to improve to Android 7.Zero Nougat on the brand new Nexus is to register with the Android Beta testing program and get a recent construct. Even supposing this can be a testing program, its members additionally obtain secure builds of the “seven”.
Within the Android beta testing program, solely the next gadgets are concerned: Nexus 6P, Nexus 5X, Nexus 6, Nexus 9, Nexus Participant, Pixel C, Sony Xperia Z3.
The way to register for testing of recent assemblies:
- Go to the Android Beta portal.
- Log in to a Google Account to which one of many collaborating gadgets is tied.
- Scroll all the way down to the part “Your gadgets that meet the situations of this system” and there choose a smartphone or pill the place you wish to set up a brand new model of the OS.
- The set up will begin routinely – the replace will “arrive” by way of the OTA protocol.
The way to manually flash Android 7.0 Nougat
This technique is way more difficult not solely by way of actions but additionally by way of how a lot every part must be performed. We’ll divide the firmware into a number of phases. There are 4 in whole:
1) Putting in the utilities required for the firmware (on the pc)
- Go to the Android Studio portal.
- Scroll all the way down to the “Get simply the command line instruments” part and obtain the zip archive (direct hyperlink) from adb and fastboot. You probably have Linux or OS X, you’ll need the .tgz or zip recordsdata, respectively.
- Unzip this archive into the principle partition the place the system is put in – mainly, it is drive C. There will likely be a folder referred to as android-SDK-windows.
- Navigate to this folder and launch the SDK Supervisor.
- A program begins during which you solely must click on the Set up 12 Packages button. A window seems during which you choose Settle for License and click on Set up. Subsequent, the set up of the required elements begins.
- When completed, you’ll be able to shut this software – every part is prepared.
2) Activating USB debugging and unlocking the bootloader
- In your Nexus system, go to Settings → About cellphone/pill.
- There, discover the part with the meeting quantity and faucet on it till “Now you’re a developer” seems.
- Return to Settings and go to the Developer Options part.
- First, activate the change itself of the Capabilities of Builders part.
- Additionally, activate the change within the Debug by USB merchandise.
- Activate the OEM Unlock change.
- Join your Nexus to your pc and permit USB debugging on the system.
After these operations it’s nonetheless essential to unlock the loader – it’s wanted for profitable firmware.
Additionally Learn: Downgrade Android Lollipop to KitKat on Nexus
3) Unlocking the Nexus Loader
These actions are carried out on each the pc and the smartphone. Warning: Unlocking the bootloader entails a tough reset, which implies utterly eradicating all information from the smartphone or pill.
- Flip off your smartphone or pill.
- Maintain down the facility button and the amount down button.
- Open the usual Home windows command line and navigate to the Platform-tools folder with the cd command: / android-SDK-windows / platform-tools /
- Within the terminal, enter the command fastboot flashing unlock
- On the system, maintain down the amount up button and the facility button to substantiate the bootloader unlock.
- Then, kind the fastboot reboot command on the pc.
The loader is unlocked and is able to set up different firmware on the system.
4) Firmware Android 7.0 Nougat on the system
First, you’ll want to get the firmware recordsdata themselves. On the time of writing, they aren’t out there for all gadgets (direct obtain hyperlinks) :
- Nexus 6P (NRD90U).
- Nexus 5X (NRD90M).
- Nexus Player (NRD90M).
- Google Pixel C (NRD90M).
- Nexus 9 Wi-Fi (NRD90M).
The downloaded firmware file have to be positioned within the Platform-tools folder, which is situated within the android-SDK-windows listing with the required utilities (adb and others) – beforehand talked about within the article.
Now let’s transfer on to the firmware:
- It’s needed that the system is within the unlocked loader mode (see ). The firmware file have to be within the Platform-tools folder.
- Open a Home windows command immediate. Inside it, go to the Platform-tools folder with the cd command: / android-SDK-windows / platform-tools /
- Enter the adb gadgets command.
Use it to ensure that the system is correctly linked to the pc.
- If every part is okay, enter flash-all.bat
- After that, the firmware of the system begins – you simply have to attend for it to finish.
Recall, all these operations you do along with your gadget at your personal peril and danger. If one thing goes mistaken, then the system could stay idle.
OTA replace For Android 7.Zero Nougat
Additionally, you’ll be able to simply watch for the replace from Android 7.Zero Nougat on your Nexus on OTA-protocol. You possibly can examine for updates in Settings → About cellphone/pill → Software program replace.
Distribution of the official replace takes place step by step and never instantly, due to this fact not all house owners of the brand new Nexus will instantly obtain a recent Android.