We use internet in various ways to browse, Stream online videos and download content. We depend on broadband connection to get high internet speed and download speed. Relying only on broadband may not help you to boost internet speed. DNS server also plays one of the major factor that effects internet connection speed. Initially your machine is set to standard ISP DNS settings as default which is automatically set by ISP using Domain Host Configuration protocol(DHCP). Changing DNS settings to Google public DNS will help you to increase speed of your broadband internet connection. The webpage loads quickly and you can watch YouTube videos smoothly than before. Here we show simple steps to configure your settings.
Configure DNS Settings to Google Public DNS :
To Increase Internet Speed by Configure Google DNS
- Go to Control Panel.
- Click Network and Internet, then Network and Sharing Center, and click Change adapter settings
- Select the connection for which you want to configure Google Public DNS. For example:
- To change the settings for a wireless connection, right-click Wireless Network Connection, and click Properties.
- To change the settings for an Ethernet connection, right-click Local Area Connection, and click Properties.
- If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
- Select the Networking tab. Under This connection uses the following items, select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and then click Properties.
- Replace those addresses with the IP addresses of the Google DNS servers:
- For IPv4: 126.96.36.199 and/or 188.8.131.52.
- Now select the Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) and then click properties
- For IPv6: 2001:4860:4860::8888 and/or 2001:4860:4860::8844