How to clean your iphone speaker
If you often talk on the phone, you may have noticed how greasy traces appear on the top of the screen near the front camera and earpiece. Sooner or later, all iPhone owners are faced with the fact that during a conversation it becomes worse to hear the interlocutor. In this situation, the quality of communication does not affect this circumstance in any way. It’s just time to clean the speaker. But to do this is not as easy as it seems at first glance.
The most important thing to remember when proceeding with further actions is that everything must be done as carefully as possible, without using brute physical force. Both speakers on the iPhone are covered with metal meshes so that debris and various dirt do not fall on the speaker itself. If you start indiscriminately poking it with a needle or other hard, sharp object, you can immediately go to a service center to replace the grid and the speaker itself. Therefore, before proceeding, think carefully about whether you are ready to do everything as carefully as possible.
By the way, if there is a certain concern for the integrity of the structure after the manipulations, then you can immediately contact the service center for speaker cleaning service. This is guaranteed to save you nerves but will use up money.
Apple’s website has recommendations for cleaning your speaker. We will use them, but we will slightly improve our personal experience, which has been repeatedly used without negative consequences.
To clean the conversational speaker, follow these steps:
- Take a small brush with soft bristles. Even a baby toothbrush will do. The main thing is that it is soft.
- Put the iPhone on the side face on the table.
- With gentle movements from top to bottom, without pressing on the speaker, begin to clean dirt from it. You can still blow it off though. Most importantly, do not use compressed air in cylinders. He can just blow all the dirt inside the speaker.
- Do this several times.
- After the last attempt, take a special putty for cleaning clockwork, which can be purchased for a symbolic $2.16 , and gently press it against the speaker to glue all the remaining debris.
Most likely, these actions will be enough, and the volume will return to its previous level. Ideally, it will be very difficult to clean the conversational speaker even in this way. But nevertheless, most of the lost volume will be restored. Do not use any alcohol solutions or wet wiping sticks. This can only make things worse.
How to clean bottom speaker on iPhone
With cleaning the multimedia speaker, the situation is a little more complicated. If the conversational one is located almost on the surface, then the multimedia one is in small round holes on the bottom end. It’s just that you can’t get close to it with a brush because of the recess.
To clean the multimedia speaker, do the following:
- Put your smartphone on a long line.
- Use a watch cleaning putty to remove any accumulated debris from the holes.
- Using a soft bristle brush, go through each hole gently so as not to push through the speaker mesh. You can additionally try to blow off the dirt.
- Use the putty again to remove the debris that you stirred with the brush.
Then check the volume. As you can see, with a multimedia speaker, everything is much more complicated. I additionally use a small needle, but I will not advise you to do this. With many years of experience, I know exactly how much force to press on the mesh and how to use the needle so as not to damage the mesh. A person without experience can drive a needle into the speaker with the very first movement, which we do not need at all. But keep in mind that speakers start to sound worse over time anyway. It’s just natural wear and tear. In such a situation, cleaning is not enough. Only replacement will help.
How to clean the charging connector – iPhone
Well, since you are still cleaning your smartphone, I advise you to clean the charging port as well . The Lightning socket has the property, like a magnet, to attract various spools and other fabric from pants, to the point that at one fine moment it may not be possible to insert the charger all the way. In this situation, you can already safely take a needle. To clean the charging slot on your iPhone, you need to:
- Put the iPhone on the long side edge.
- From the edge of the charging socket, insert the needle into it without making any effort.
- Pick up the debris with the tip of the needle and pull it out.
At one time, while still owning an iPhone X, I constantly used wireless charging and had no idea what was happening in my charging port. At that moment, when I needed to charge my smartphone from the wire, my surprise knew no bounds. It’s good that in just a couple of seconds it was possible to clear it in this way. As everyone knows, Apple will have to switch to USB-C ports soon . But it’s not so easy to remove garbage from it because of the connector right in the middle of the connector. In general, keep your smartphones clean and be careful when trying to clean them. Otherwise, the path will lie straight to the service center.