Know Your Wikipedia App – Windows XP/7/8/10 and MAC PC
The official Wikipedia Android app is designed to help you find, discover, and explore knowledge on Wikipedia. Settle a bet with a friend by doing a quick search through the app, or dive into featured articles, images, recommended articles, and more using the explore feed. With more than 39 million articles in nearly 300 languages, your favorite free online encyclopedia is now at your fingertips.
Explore feed – The new ‘explore feed’ offers recommended and constantly updating Wikipedia content right on the home screen, including trending articles, current events, suggested reading, and more.
Voice-integrated search – Easily find what you’re looking for with a prominent search bar at the top of the app, including voice-enabled search on your device.
Nearby – Learn more about what’s around you by selecting points on an interactive map to see articles related to your current and nearby location.
Language support – Seamlessly switch to reading any language-supported Wikipedia, either by changing the language of the current article, or changing your preferred search language while searching.
Link previews – Tap on an article to preview it, without losing your place in what you’re currently reading. Press and hold a link to open it in a new tab, allowing you to keep reading the current article without losing your place, and switch to the new tab when you’re ready.
Table of contents – swipe left on any article to bring up the table of contents, which lets you jump to article sections easily.
Reading lists – Organize the articles you browse into reading lists, which you can access even when you’re offline. Create as many lists as you like, give them custom names and descriptions, and populate them with articles from any language wiki.
Image gallery – Tap on an image to view the image full-screen in high resolution, with options to swipe for browsing additional images.
Definitions from Wiktionary – Tap-and-hold to highlight a word, then tap the “Define” button to see a definition of the word from Wiktionary.
Wikipedia Zero – Access Wikipedia for Android free of data charges for participating mobile operators. (link to participating operators).
Send us your feedback about the app! In the menu, press “Settings”, then “About the Wikipedia app”, then “Send app feedback”.
The code is 100% open source. If you have experience with Java and the Android SDK, then we look forward to your contributions! https://github.com/wikimedia/apps-android-wikipedia
By using this app, you agree to the automatic transmission of crash reports to a third-party service provider. If you would like to disable this feature, please press “Settings,” then toggle off “Send crash reports” under the General section.
Explanation of permissions needed by the app: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Apps/Android_FAQ#Security_and_Permissions
About the Wikimedia Foundation
The Wikimedia Foundation is the nonprofit organization that supports Wikipedia and the other Wikimedia projects. The Wikimedia Foundation is a charitable organization funded mainly through donations. For more information, please visit our website: https://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Home.
Wikipedia for PC Free Download Links:
Wikipedia for PC is now available for free download. Directly download the Wikipedia for PC app setup files along with Bluestack installation files and follow the below-listed instructions to smoothly run Wikipedia for PC in your Windows XP/7/8/10 and MAC PC.
Download Instructions for Wikipedia:
Inorder to run Wikipedia on your Windows 7/8/10/XP or MAC PC, you will need an Android or iOS emulator to prepare the system environment for the mobile application. You will need to install Bluestack for PC on your Windows 7/8/10/XP or MAC PC and then would need to install the Wikipedia for PC apk or setup file. Bluestack for PC is an top grossing award winning Android Emulator available in the market and is proficient to run all major Android/iOS mobile applications (including Wikipedia for PC) and mobile games on the host PC. In all, it would provide a mesmerizing experience running Wikipedia on your Windows 7/8/10/XP or MAC PC.
Just follow the below-listed instructions to Download and Install Wikipedia for PC on your Windows XP/7/8/10 or MAC PC:
1. Download the Bluestack Standalone installation file from the link provided in the above section.
2. BlueStacks-Installer_native.exe file consuming about 261.86 MB will be downloaded on your Windows XP/7/8/8.1/10 or MAC PC.
3. After downloading the Standalone setup file, install the Bluestack on your Windows 7/8/8.1/10 or MAC PC. It would take about 2-5 minutes. Just skip through all the interrupts in between.
4. Now, your Bluestack installation is over and you are ready to run it for the first time on your Windows 7/8/8.1/10 or MAC PC. Just feel free to have experience with its highly interactive look and functioning.
5. The next step involves installing Summoners War for PC app on your Bluestack emulator. Just simply search in the Bluestack Apps Search Console for Summoners War game. You will be prompted to Play store from where you could download the Wikipedia for PC which would run smoothly on this Bluestack Emulator.
6. If you feel somewhat confused with the above step, Just simply open the link provided in the above section in your Bluestack Browser and everything will be done automatically.